tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Can somebody help me with this one: Choosing between standard Tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk1.4 LE
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:00:16 GMT
Hello Sankaranarayanan,

Just download the full version.  The only difference is that if you
are using JDK1.4, the JDK already contains some of the necessary
libraries so they don't need to be included in Tomcat, but it won't
hurt anything if they are.  Just use the full version and you won't
have to think about this issue.

Jake

Tuesday, May 07, 2002, 12:19:41 PM, you wrote:

SGG> Any hep will be greatly appreciated.

optional libraries and xml parser while the other one doesnt. I guess to run the jdk1.4 LE
on jdk1.2+ the user
>> needs to add an XML parser, I understand that part.
>>
>> I dont understand what it means to have/not have the optional libraries (Tyrex, JavaMail,
Java Activation Framework, JNDI or JDBC standard extension) - more so about tyrex, is there
any
>> functionality enabled /disabled in tomcat because of the same?  - or does it mean
that apps running in tomcat that use javamail api or jndi or jdbc standard extension api will
not work unless
>> these are added.
>>
>> Does the tomcat 4.0.3 with the optional libraries and xerces parser continue to work
as it is with jdk1.4?

>> Any help will be greatly appreicated.
>>
>> Thanx in advance
>> Ganesh