tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject mod_webapp segmentation fault
Date Sun, 26 May 2002 22:23:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm attempting to set up mod_webapp with Tomcat 4.0.3, but it segfaults.
At least, I'm getting notifications of childern segfaulting in the error
log, the webapp keeps restarting based on the initialization output, and
submitting a request to Apache that is handled through the webapp yields
a pre-mature disconnect.

I'm assuming it is segfaulting when attempting to serv a request.

The question is why. The only misconfiguration I can think of is that I
have not defined any application by name in the server.xml configuration
file. I've added a directory to webapps/ and specified the name of that
directory as the application name in httpd.conf.

Besides the load/addmodule stuff, this is that's in httpd.conf:

   WebAppConnection myWarp warp localhost:8003
   WebAppDeploy myApp myWarp /

Tomcat is configured to listen to 8003 and I've verified it does
(connecting with telnet yields junk - I'm assuming that is the Warp
protocol).

But again, I have done nothing to define any application called "myApp"
besides creating the directory. I'm not sure if this is enough. But even
if it isn't, I doubt a segmentation fault is the intended result.

The system is a Debian "unstable:ish" with Apache 1.3; Tomcat 4.0.3. I
can provide any other info that may be needed upon request.

As for the apache error log, firstly they are flooded with:

   JFC: wam_match request 00010000

When making the first request, I get:

[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] [notice] child pid 13620 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] [notice] child pid 13606 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] [notice] child pid 13605 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] [notice] child pid 13604 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

And then on a subsequent request mod_webapp seems to restart:

*a bunch of benign init data*
[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] 13689 (pr_warp.c:85) WARP provider started
[Sun May 26 22:19:32 2002] 13689 (wa_main.c:111) WebApp Library started

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org