tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Muhlestein <den...@zserve.com>
Subject tomcat and jce
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 22:54:26 GMT
I've searched the list far and wide for solutions to the jce issues with
tomcat.  Basically old posts say to installing sunjce in the
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext dir and modifying java.security to allow the use
of SunJCE.

For me, this isn't working with Tomcat 4.0.3.  Does it work for anyone
else?

I've also tried js2dk1.4.0 which has jce embedded already.  That also
doesn't work.

I am working with jboss and can get my ejbs to use the crypto provider
so I belive there is still an issue with tomcat.  This problem arises if
I run tomcat by itself, of if I embed it in jboss.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks
Dennis