tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marc Elliott" <melli...@hnw.com>
Subject Mapping javabean fields to database columns programatically
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:59:26 GMT
Hey folks,

I have a javabean with field names that match the column names of a table in
a mySQL database.

It seems like I should be able to do a select statement and automatically
fill the matching field names with the data from the query.

But there's syntax problem in that I don't know how to make an instance
variable represent the fields.  Has anyone else here attempted this. Seems
like something that may have been tried before.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Elliott
Director of Information Architecture / HNW Inc.
Digital Solutions for High-Net-Worth Marketers
ph: 617-243-9199 x224
fx: 815-327-4167