tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Niven <John.Ni...@marcat.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Windows2000 as a service
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 13:24:12 GMT

OK, I'm still on JDK1.2.2 - not used these but they sound right.  I suspect
"server" is the right one - anyone care to coment?

> If that doesn't work, I'd check that "CATALINA_HOME" and
> "JAVA_HOME" are set
> > correctly - from a command prompt
>
> My Answer :
> ------------------
> They are set correctly

OK.

> I found that %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log is empty .
> And the service is exist in the control panel , but can not
> be started and give a message saying internal error upon
> restarting it!!!
>
> Here it is my command again :
>
> C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\bin>tomcat.exe -install
> ApacheTomcat "%JAVA_HOME% \jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"

There seems to be a " " [space] between %JAVA_HOME% and \jre on the 2nd
line...but I'm clutching at straws now.

> -Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%J
> AVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
> -xrs -start org.apach e.catalina.Bootstrap -params start
> -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap - params stop
> -out "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log" The service was
> successfully installed.

One final thing: if you can't get this to work from the command line there's
a product ("Service+", I think) that will automate the process - I've not
used it, but it's been mentioned on this list.

> Any idea

Fast running out, I'm afraid!

Good luck,
John