tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Niven <John.Ni...@marcat.com>
Subject RE: reloading with ant
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 15:07:59 GMT

Marc

Have you looked at the sample build.xml that comes with the sample webapp
with Tomcat?  I merged that with the catalina-ant tasks (using the Ant
script snippets in the manager-app howto) to create a generic build file
that I use for most web-app development.

Now I can deploy and remove my web-app during a build.  I also use a "list"
task just so I'm sure my web-app has been deployed!

I'd recommend you start by looking at these two files and seeing if you can
extend them to suit your needs.  If you're still having problems, let me
know, and I'll post "my" build.xml ("mine", in that I did the
copying/pasting...!)

HTH
John

 --