tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Niven <John.Ni...@marcat.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Windows2000 as a service
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 12:43:18 GMT

Mohammed

Check your "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\" directory - you may not have a "classic"
directory in it, you may have "hotspot" directory instead (and I think there
are other possibilities, instead of classic/hotspot?)  If so, change the
install line accordingly.

(Before changing the install script and re-installing the Tomcat service,
you'll first need to uninstall the service - use this:
"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -uninstall "ApacheTomcat"
)

If that doesn't work, I'd check that "CATALINA_HOME" and "JAVA_HOME" are set
correctly - from a command prompt, type:
echo %CATALINA_HOME%
(expected response: path to Tomcat)

echo %JAVA_HOME%
(expected response: path to JDK)

One final thing - you are running Tomcat 4+, aren't you?  If you're running
Tomcat 3 you'll need to replace "CATALINA_HOME" with "TOMCAT_HOME" - and
there may be other changes required.  Sorry, but the only times I've used
Tomcat 3 in anger is on Solaris.

> thanks

HTH!
John