tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Turning off caching in Tomcat 4?
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 17:08:40 GMT
> Hi,
>
> We're sure its now the browser.  We are seeing Tomcat 4 serve the old
version even when we call Tomcat directly from software (e.g., wget), so
there is no browser involved.  In one case, Tomcat 4 continued to serve the
old version of the page until finally we restarted Tomcat 4.  We didn't have
this problem with Tomcat 3.2.3, so we're wondering if Tomcat 4 is caching
files, or is using the underlying file system differently.

You can configure the resources to enable/disable the caching.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/resources.html

Remy