tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Lysenko <...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Using the precompiled jsps with tomcat 4.0.x
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 00:29:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the tomcat 4.0.3 and I'm looking for the way to avoid the
jsp page compilation in runtime. I was about to use the supplied jspc
compiler that's included in the distribution. However I shortly found out
that it generates the classnames that are different from those generated by
the runtime jsp compiler. I resolved this problem by subclassing the JspC
class and delegating the jsp compilation to the JspCompiler class instead of
the CommandLineCompiler. As a result I have the java files with the proper
names. However I don't see the good way to avoid runtime compilation. Even
having the precompiled classes in the webapp's war file the Jasper doesn't
use it. It looks the jsp page from the war and tries to find corresponding
class in the _work_ directory that's empty initially. Therefore it involves
the compilation of the source JSP. Is there any way to avoid this compilation
without populating the tomcat's _work_ directory with the precompiled
classes?! What's the right approach to use the JSP precompilation?

I appreciate any help in this matter.

Dmitri Lyssenko
lds@nuix.com.au