tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clay Graham <>
Subject virtual hosting in tomcat 3.2.3
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 20:35:22 GMT

I am trying to do virtual hosting in tomcat 3.2.3, does anyone have an
example, sorry if this gets asked alot.

I am writing because I am a little confused. I have found numerous
references to virtual hosting for tomcat 4 where an httpd.conf file is
referenced. I cannot find this file under my tomcat directory, is this for
people who are using apache?

what I have found was in the server.xml under the conf dir,

        <!-- Virtual host example -
             In "" virtual host we'll reverse "/" and
             (XXX need a better example )
             (use  "" )
        <Host name="" >
           <Context path=""
                    docBase="webapps/examples" />
           <Context path="/examples"
                    docBase="webapps/ROOT" />

under the contect manager this all I need to edit to make it

I WILL upgrade if necc, but I don't want to go to that trouble if I don't
need to...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message