tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ajit Bhat" <a...@in.ardensys.com>
Subject Re: application setup problem
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 05:48:15 GMT
Hi Alessio,

Thanks for your help. I modified my web.xml according to the official specs
& it has worked now. Thanks once again.
Actually I had written various <servlet> tags along with their
<servlet-mapping> tags one after another ... this used to work perfectly in
Tomcat 3.2 ... but now, as per your suggestion, I first wrote all <servlet>
tags followed by all <servlet-mapping> tags and it is working now in Tomcat
4.0.3 as well

.
Regards,
Ajit

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alessio Fiore" <afiore@alteanet.it>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 6:25 PM
Subject: R: application setup problem

Hi Ajit, be sure that the order of tags in your web.xml file is following
official specifications:

<!ELEMENT web-app (icon?, display-name?, description?, distributable?,
context-param*, servlet*, servlet-mapping*, session-config?,
mime-mapping*, welcome-file-list?, error-page*, taglib*,
resource-ref*, security-constraint*, login-config?, security-role*,
env-entry*, ejb-ref*)>

If not, your context configuration cannot be parsed by tomcat and your
webapp doesn't work.

Greetings
Alessio