tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajesh Mishra <Raje...@Cal.InterraIT.COM>
Subject Strange Problems with Tomcat and Apache
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 07:47:33 GMT
I'm having horrible experiences with Tomcat and Apache.When I run stress
tools for my application , I face strange problems each day.
The environment I've been using are jdk1.3.1,Tomcat3.2,Apache1.3.12 and jdbc
driver for sql server 2000.

The problems I'm facing are :

1. Tomcat crashes after 15-20 hrs of stress testing.
2. CPU utilization of Apache process goes to 100% after 4-5 hrs.
3. After 15 hrs , I could not access anything of website and log says
"Connection closed by Peer socket".
4. "Cookie name Path is a reserved token exception."

I'm facing any one of these problems each day.

Should upgrading to higher versions of Apache and Tomcat will solve the
problems.
Please help.

Regards
Rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Mishra
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 10:07 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apcahe's CPU goes to 100%

I'm using Apache1.3.12 and Tomcat3.2 for my application.After stress testing
for 4 hours , CPU utilization of Apache.exe process goes to 100%. As a
result when I try to access the website , I'm getting timeouts. But I could
still access the website with tomcat port.

Has anyone experienced this problem .I'm using mod_jk for this purpose

Regards
Rajesh