tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abraham Fathman" <afath...@one.net>
Subject RE: More complex security-constraint options
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 04:20:19 GMT
Joel,

Setup a <security-contraint> in the web.xml that includes the url that
you want to restrict.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Baker [mailto:news@news.jb21.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 10:24 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: More complex security-constraint options

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a web application that imposes a security
constraint on all but a few of the JSP pages. I don't want to split up
the application putting the non-public stuff in a private directory and
only applying the security-constraint to this, as this isn't as elegant
as the solution I would ideally like as I want the root of the webapp to
be the root for a logged in user, not for them to go to some directory
within the webapp.

Basically, is there a way to refine the security constraints url-pattern
tag to allow excluding certain files or directories?

Thanks in advance,

Joel Baker.