tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abraham Fathman" <afath...@one.net>
Subject RE: JSP-pages and reloadable
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 04:16:31 GMT
I have had that problem before: included jsp's updating but the outer
one not compiling. Why doesn't this feature get added to tomcat?

I know weblogic does it and it is quite an annoyance in tomcat....

Abe

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Gardner [mailto:gjk@qwest.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 9:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JSP-pages and reloadable

I have run into similar problems before. It turned out to be one of two
things. Either I had to force my browser to reload or I was making
changes in a JSP that was an include for another JSP. I am sure you have
tried the first. I don't know if the second is what you are doing, but
if it is, you will need to save the outer JSP so the timestamp changes.
Then both the outer and any included JSPs will be re-compiled. Other
than that I don't know what the problem could be.

Regards,

--JG