tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abraham Fathman" <afath...@one.net>
Subject RE: JSP-pages and reloadable
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 17:05:22 GMT
Should be the only way for it to work....

Why don't you try a test page in a new web app.

Goto tomcat's\webapp directory
	create a directory called test
	create a file in test called test.jsp
	place
		<%=executing jsp%>
	in test.jsp

Navigate to it in the browser http://localhost:8080/test/test.jsp (this
is by default if you have changed your port or the server is on a
different machine it will be different...)

Monitor your work directory for the .java and .class file that will be
created. There should be a tomcat/work/hostname/test/test$jsp.java.

When you change test.jsp and access it again the test$jsp.java should
update.

I know this has been true on all of the versions of tomcat that I have
used. (3.3-4.0.3)

Hope this helps,
Abe