tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zhidong Yu" <zhid...@ipedo.com>
Subject RE: A optimizing problem, need your help.
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 05:32:50 GMT
But there are some special reasons so I have to use Tomcat 4. Is there
any better idea?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 9:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: A optimizing problem, need your help.

you might consider using tomcat 3 instead then -- a lot less overhead
for non-2.3 apps.  i use it for that purpose explicitly.

fillup

On 5/22/02 6:40 PM, "Zhidong Yu" <zhidong@ipedo.com> wrote:

> Following call stack is dumped from Tomcat server. You can see it is
> so deep. What's all these StandardPipeline.invokeNext() calls about?
> How can I short circuit the pipelines since I don't use them?
> Similarly, can I turn off ApplicationFilterChain because I don't plan
> to use servlet filter as defined in Servlet 2.3 API.
>

>       at com.foo.MyServlet(MyServlet.java:182)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServle
> t.
> java:446)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doPost(InvokerServlet.java:2
> 16)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>       at

> tionFilterChain.java:247)
>       at

> erChain.java:193)
>       at

> e.java:243)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>       at

> e.java:190)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
> va:246)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
> 3)
>       at

> :180)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
> lve.java:170)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
>       at

> :170)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468
> )
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:564)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>       at

> java:174)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
> va:566)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
> 72)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
> ava:1012)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java: