tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurent FĂ©ral-Pierssens <laurent-li...@distincthorizon.com>
Subject French accented character not displaying
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 21:29:26 GMT

Hi,

This is very weird. Two days ago, we started experiencing problems with
french specific characters stopping to print correctely.

When we look at a jsp page in a browser, it displays "?" instead of the
normal character. After some initial searching on the server, we
realized that even files with french names would not display properly on
the console. Would it be a tomcat specific issue or a locale setting
misconfiguration?

We are running Debian Linux, Tomcat 3.3.1-dev, JDK 1.3.1_02.

Would someone have an idea on how to approach this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Laurent