tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "cbarnes" <cbar...@tarantella.com>
Subject Updating files without restarting Tomcat
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 10:15:39 GMT
I am using Tomcat 4.

I have a .properties file in my WEB-INF/classes part of my work tree, which
is read in using a ResourceBundle.
My problem is that if I update this properties file it does not recognise
the new version until I have restarted Tomcat.
Is there a config value I can change so that I don't have to restart Tomcat
each time I change the properties file?
If there is can it apply to only certain files or sections of the
application? I don't want Tomcat to check if .class files have changed
everytime it uses them as this isn't necessary and will obviously effect
performance.

Thanks,
Catharine