tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abraham Fathman" <afath...@one.net>
Subject RE: ideas invited
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 00:19:09 GMT
I created a file in tomcat/bin/ called setenv.sh the catalina script
already calls it.

The advantage of doing it this way is that you aren't customizing any of
tomcat's scripts. So when there is a new version you can just drop the
version in!

I placed a line in it like:
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/j2sdk1.4.0/

Then I created a symbolic link from bin/catalina.sh to
/etc/rc.d/rc.catalina then I added rc.catalina start to rc.local.

Hope that helps...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cassidy [mailto:dcassidy@nisports.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 8:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: ideas invited

following in the standard 'and here's one I made earlier' line

here's one that works - really rather well !

Install it in /etc/rc.d/init.d

then ( if you have linux ) run
chkconfig --add tomcat

or if you use some other unix varient see what run level you are running
at

( have a look in inittab )

and then cd to /etc/rc.d/rc<x>.d
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat .

if you don't have the /etc/rc.d directory you can miss that bit out ...

this will run Tomcat as the user tomcat - so you might want to add that
user or change it ...

Let us know....

David Cassidy