tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Glen Verran" <glen.ver...@traderoot.com>
Subject Tomcat won't start.
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 10:28:01 GMT
Hi there

I installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on my Windows 2000 machine.  I do not have Apache
Web Server installed.  I have JDK1.3.1.  I have the relevant environment
variables set accordingly.

Tomcat won't start when I start the Tomat Service.  I check the stdout.log
file and get the following error below:

Can somebody please help me in resolving the reason why I am getting this
and how I can get Tomcat to start and run?    This is very urgent that I get
this going.

Thanks
~Glen

Create Catalina server
Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl could not be instantiated:
java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
 at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:141)
 at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:224)
 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.load(CatalinaService.java:189)
 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.execute(CatalinaService.java:171
)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
 at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:428)