tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mail.btinternet.com" <James.Cow...@btopenworld.com>
Subject tomcat form based authentication in an apache environment
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 13:22:23 GMT

Hi

I want to use tomcat's form based authentication in apache/tomcat
environment but still let apache serve all the static content (for
performance reasons). I am using tomcat4 with apache 1.3 and the mod_jk
module.

I have found that in order to trigger the form based authentication, I have
to specify a JkMount /* ajp13. This then causes tomcat to serve all the
content rather than apache. If I comment out the JkMount /* ajp13, then
apache serves all the static content but I cannot trigger the form based
authentication.

Is there any way around this?

James Cowan