tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurent FĂ©ral-Pierssens <laurent-li...@distincthorizon.com>
Subject RE: OutofMemoryError
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 17:35:37 GMT

Hi Matthew,

I have been experiencing the same problems but with T3.2.x.

You should try to use Tomcat options -Xms and -Xmx

I added those 2 lines:

TOMCAT_OPTS="-server -Xms256m -Xmx256m -Xincgc"
export TOMCAT_OPTS

in my /etc/init.d/tomcat script

This increase the default heap size of the JVM to 256Meg (from 64Meg)
and make sure incremental Garbage collection is done. Since I changed
those, I have no more OutOfMemory errors.

Hope it helps,
Laurent

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Boeckman [mailto:matthewb@saepio.com]
Sent: May 1, 2002 12:08 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: OutofMemoryError

Hello List.

I'm running tomcat 3.1.1 on RH7.1, kernel 2.4.9-31 with JDK1.3.1, mysql
3.23.43
I am occasionally seeing tomcat go postal with the following errors:
Exception in thread "CompileThread0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
requested 32760 bytes

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
No information available. Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further
information, if there is any. Good bye.

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x419852cb Function name=(N/A)
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
       just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
       reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error: ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x0x419852cb
SIGNAL            = 11
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
LIBRARY NAME      = (N/A)
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.

Any thoughts on what might be the cause? There is nothing in the log
files to tell me more than this, which gets dumped to the console.

-Thanks!

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies