tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Harikrishnan" <webt...@sslindia.com>
Subject Doubts on SSL configuration.
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 13:41:48 GMT
HI All,

    I need Apache-ssl+tomcat expert's help on this issue. My problem is, after a lot of search
i am still not able to find some useful documentation for Configuring the Apahce+tomcat (on
Windows) for HTTPS(SSL).

My application needs to handle both HTTP and HTTPS. Few modules in the application needs HTTPS
and others needs HTTP. So how do i need my configuration to be?. Can some one sent me a sample
'httpd.conf / server.xml'?. I have downloaded a copy of Apache1.3.24+mod_ssl_openssl from
'openssl' site and have set up for the application to run on this server with Tomcat 3.2.2.

My two main problems are:
1) But how do i redirect few options of my application to work on Https and others to serve
on Http?
2) How to restrict a particular 'Context' to only serve on Http or Https?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards
H.Rajesh
(webteam@sslindia.com)