tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joaquín Sánchez Jiménez <qu...@fi2net.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.3.x & VisualAge 3.5.3
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 09:40:03 GMT
Hi:

I have installed 3.2.3 so I hope this help you.

Install Tomcat 3.3 in your machine.

Get src folder from tomcat directory and add to a new VA project, for
example TOMCAT_3.3.

With source you can debug tomcat. You can add TOMCAT_CLASSES instead
TOMCAT_SOURCE.

In org.apache.tomcat.statup.Tomcat (I don't know if in Tomcat 3.3* this
class has been changed or not. If true look for main class and apply this)
class click rigth button and click in run menu item -> click run with ...
menu item.
In command argument line set -startup to run Tomcat and -stop to shutdown.
Also insert in properties panel
tomcat.home=<directory_where_tomcat_was_installed>
Click OK and click rigth button on org.apache.tomcat.statup.Tomcat class
again ->
click in check class path and add your classes TOMCAT need to run your
applications included servlet development kit (SDK must be in class path).

At this point TOMCAT is installed in VA. You only have to configure TOMCAT
normally and execute from VA.

Hope this help you.

Bye.

Joaquín.