tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony Eden" <ae...@signaturedomains.com>
Subject RE: intranet/virtual host
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 19:48:26 GMT
You might be able to do it by:

1.) Define a new Service, called for example "Intranet"
2.) Define a Connector in that service which listens on a port like 8090
3.) Define an Engine in that service to contain the Host entries
4.) Define the Host "localhost" in that engine pointing to your intranet files

Of course, what you should REALLY do is probably run a second machine if you have the resources.

You could also run two instances of Tomcat as you mentioned.

Finally, you might try adding a connector on a new port and then see if you can specify a
virtual host as:

<Host name="localhost:8090" appBase="/path/to/intranet/pages/">

I have never tried this though, so I don't know if it will work.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden