tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Glen Verran" <glen.ver...@traderoot.com>
Subject Tomcat won't pick up my classes
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 06:30:03 GMT
Hi there

I am using Tomcat 4.0.3 full on Windows 2000.  I wrote a small jsp that
references a class that I wrote in java.  When the jsp gets called, an error
is returned that it cannot find the class I am specifying.  I copiied my
java class file into the WEB_INF/classes path off my ROOT folder and
$CATALINA_HOME/classes,  as well as other places I could find a classes
folder, but still no luck.  This is the jsp that I call once I have
submitted information via the form.  The class LogonData is correct as is.
It is a bean that contains get and set methods and 3 properties.  I hope
that you can help me on this one?  Can you tell me how I can tell Tomcat to
go and load my class up when it compiles?

Thanks
~Glen

<jsp:useBean id="user" class="LogonData" scope="session"/>
<jsp:setProperty name="user" property="*"/>
<HTML>
<BODY>
 <%
  switch (user.getUserType()) {