tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Claude Montpetit" <cmontpe...@nertec.com>
Subject Socket output stream does not deliver...
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 21:04:23 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a servlet that opens a socket to a server and waits for
incoming data.

The socket opens and the connection is fine.

The server sends data using the socket.getOutputStream().

The server calls flush() on the socket output stream after writing (even if
the actual implementation does nothing ...)

The problem is that the data sent from the server to the client is only
received by the client when the output stream is closed by the server. This
does not seem to be a buffer-size issue as I have been sending huge amounts
of data and it never traverses to the client unless the server closes the
stream, or the socket.

So why do I send this here? Because I only get this problem when running the
client in Tomcat 4 with JDK 1.4.

Everything is fine when running Tomcat 4 with JDK 1.3, or when running the
client on a non-tomcat environment under JDK 1.4.

Both the client and the server are running on the same Windows XP machine.

Anyone has a clue about what's going on?

Claude