tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Ejb vs jsp
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 09:23:35 GMT
> Hello,
> Because I am curious about how these technologies are used in the real
> world. I would like to know how do you professionals use as your rule of
> thumb wether or not you are going build  web based  application using
> Enterprise Javabeans or a standalone jsp applications.

Why would you build a EJB web application *without* JSP? :-)

Anyway, it is really a rule of thumb and your general mood. Even now, I use regular Beans
which do preety much the same job as EJB, only simplified. I haven't gotten JBoss up yet,
but even with a very simple example I find EJBs appealing.

Nix.