tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Harikrishnan" <webt...@sslindia.com>
Subject Session Problem - URGENT!!!!
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 07:09:31 GMT
Hi All,

 I am having a problem with the session objects, let me first explain how we have used the
session object in our application

we have an application which is initalizing an 'SESSION' object when the user log's into the
system.
This object is used to store three attributes,
1) we have used 'session.setAttribute()' and 'session.setValue()' methods for creating key
pair value objects in the session.
2) We have also used the 'session.getAttribute()' and 'session.getValue()' for retriving the
data from the session object.
3) We have not used the 'session.removeAttribute()' any where in our application.
4) But in all pages, to check the session object validity, we have used 'request.getSession()'.

Does calling this creates a attribute set in a old session object to be incorrectly re-written?.

The problem:
We are getting this following problem randomly,

The session object exists, but the attributes inside the session object unbinds and returns
a null value!!.

We are using 'Apache1.3.20+Tomcat3.2.2' for our application. we have also set our 'setMaxInactiveInterval(30000)'
when creating the session object for the first time.

What is the cause of the attributes being removed from the session object, or in case is the
session object itself is created as a new object during 'request.getSession()' calls and causing
this problem.

Have you people faced similar problems??.

Please post your reply on this issue, this is a very urgent issue to be solved.

Thanks in advance

Regards
H.Rajesh
(webteam@sslindia.com)