tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurent FĂ©ral-Pierssens <laurent-li...@distincthorizon.com>
Subject RE: Re[2]: OutofMemoryError
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:03:17 GMT

Thanks, yes we can live with that. Actually, since we added those
changes it really improved the stability of the application. Those
suggestions were made on that list a few months ago.

Regards,
Laurent

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: May 1, 2002 2:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re[2]: OutofMemoryError

Hello Laurent,

Hmmm....

-Xincgc
Enable the incremental garbage collector. The incremental garbage
collector, which is off by default, will eliminate occasional
garbage-collection pauses during program execution. However, it can lead
to a roughly 10% decrease in overall GC performance

From:
http://java.sun.com/products/hotspot/2.0/README.html#use

If you can live with a 10% decrease in overall garbage collection
performance, then yeah, I guess use incremental garbage collection.

Jake

--
Best regards,