tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Delnoij" <delnoi...@berlin.de>
Subject Security example tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 14:32:42 GMT
Hello.

The "Realm Configuration HOW-TO" of Tomcat 4.0 describes an example of
an an area that is protected by a security constraint. The link is

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/security/protected/

The form that is displayed uses the "j_security_check" jsp to check the
logindata:

<form method="POST" action='j_security_check' >

This is an error that occurs regularly:

The requested resource (/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check) is not
available.

I don't understand how this example works. More in particular: I didnĀ“t
find any other references to j_security_check.

Where do I find this jsp? How can I adapt this example to my site?

I want to use this mechanism for our site with only one role.

I created databasetables users and users_roles as describes in the doc.
I definde a JDBCRealm in server.xml. Database connection works fine.

Thank you for your advice.

Thomas Delnoij