tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <Da...@bvu.edu>
Subject newbie assistance with catalina.policy
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:53:46 GMT
I'm using Novell's eCommerce beans for LDAP authentication, and my JSP
works fine until I start tomcat with security manager. I've resolved
several errors by modifying catalina.policy, but I can't seem to get
past this one:

com.novell.ecb.CommandException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
C:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\lib\security\java.security read)

I've added this line to the web applications section of
catalina.policy, but the error persists:
permission java.io.FilePermission
"file:${java.home}/jre/lib/security/java.security", "read";

Any suggestions on what I need to do? Thanks!