tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Johnston" <EPA2...@epa.state.il.us>
Subject Missing web.xml
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:03:12 GMT
I've installed the tomcat engine on an NT Server 4.0 machine.  I've been compiling and running
test servlets and jsp's but I can't get custom web.xml's to work.

I've run through the example on O'reilly's  site:

http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a//onjava/2001/04/19/tomcat.html

However, I keep getting the error:

2002-04-01 16:37:17 ContextConfig[/onjava]: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only

in my log file.

My directory structure is correct and my WEB-INF is in all uppercase(at the DOS prompt, it
won't show uppercase through windows explorer).  If anyone has any insight that can help,
I would appreciate it.