tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vernon Wu <vern...@gatewaytech.com>
Subject Why deployment using xml file doesn't work?
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 05:24:18 GMT
During the development phrase, I would like to use xml to deploy my application  without copy
all file, directories to the
tomcat installation directory. My deployment xml is very simple with two or three  lines as

<Context path="/mm"
	docBase="c:\eclipse\workspace\nicematch\build\webapp"
	debug="2" reloadable="true">

</Context>

The error message I got in the localhost log file is:

Error initializing resources: Document base c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-b2- 01\webapps\mm
does not exist or is not
a readable directory

I think the problem is a incorrect docBase. But I am very sure the path is right.  I also
have tried to use another format of
the path as:

"../../../eclipse/workspace/nicematch/build/webapp"

What am I missing here?

v.