tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikhail Kruk <mes...@cs.brandeis.edu>
Subject need advice on getting SSL to work
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 06:17:34 GMT
Hi,
I need to make my Tomcat serve JSPs over secure connection ASAP so I'm
asking for your advice on what's the best way to go.
I'm running Tomcat 4. I saw two possilibities: use ISAPI dll or setup
Tomcat with a certificate.
I've tried setting up ISAPI but it didn't seem to work, so I decided to
try certificate and got the following problem: IIS5 has my certificate and
the only way it will export it to a file including the private key is in
some pkw format which is not importable into keystore. Is my understanding
that certificate exported without private key is useless correct? Is there
any way to get certificate from IIS to Tomcat? Should I try to get Tomcat
4 work with ISAPI? Should I downgrade to Tomcat 3 which seems to have more
mature ISAPI support?
It seems that ISAPI is the right thing to do, but I can't find indepth
documentation on how to setup that...
Any pointers highly appreciated!