tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Georg Huettenegger <ge...@ist.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: mod_webapp, tomcat 4.0.3, apache 2.0.35 question
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:43:00 GMT
hi,

> a good explanation for setting up tomcat apache integration can be found at:
> http://dcb.sun.com/practices/howtos/tomcat_apache.jsp
>
> It works fine at my servers. In the http access.log all the static content
> (images at most) is listed. No further path statements for tomcat or apache
> configuration (except stuff like virtual hosts) were done.
> Do you access the server through the port
> (http://hostname:8080/anydir/something.jsp)? When configured right this is
> not useful since tomcat would deliver all content (omit ":8080").

my problem is that i have static web pages and servlets using a given
(and fixed) directory scheme. so i have: http://xy.com/login.html and
http://xy.com/servlet/login.

lets say my tomcat context is named servlets. with the standard tomcat
configuration tomcat needs to get /servlet/login to invoke the login
servlet. but using the webapp connector and forwarding everything starting
with /servlet to the context servlets does mean that tomcat just gets
a request for /login.

my workaround for the moment is to treat everything coming to the context
servlets as a servlet but this is rather inflexible.

for my problem mod_webapp would need to give tomcat a request for
/servlet/login for the http://xy.com/servlet/login url while my
webappdeploy line looks like:

WebAppDeploy servlets warpConnection /servlet

at the moment tomcat gets a request for /login.

bye,
 georg