tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregory Whalin <gwha...@whalin.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Tomcat 4.0.*/mod_webapp.so/Apache-1.24 and virtual hosts
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 21:47:36 GMT
I have tried pointing Apache's doc root to the examples folder and still a
no go.  Any idea how Tomcat deals with static content passed to
it?  Apache should be deploying anything under /examples/* through Warp
correct?  So, then I am guessing it would not bother to look in its own
doc root anyhow.  Also, I turned on ...

       directory="logs"  prefix="apache_access_log."
       suffix=".txt" pattern="common"/>

And when I try to load a .html file, I see a redirect code being sent.

209.11.104.129 - - [08/Apr/2002:17:40:44 -0500] "GET /examples/servlets/
HTTP/1.1" 302 653

I am gonna write a quick perl script to rip apart the headers to see where
I am being redirected.

Also, on a side note.  Eventually this will be for a production
environment.  Should I scrap mod_webapp?  Is mod_jk a better idea for a
production environment?

Thanks!

Greg

--