tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregory Whalin <>
Subject Problem with Tomcat 4.0.*/ and virtual hosts
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 16:15:11 GMT
I am having a small issue with setup.  I am connecting fine to the
examples webapp, but, I can't seem to view any .html files that are a part
of the app.  Apache is looging them as a 404, but they are still not found
even if I put them in the apache doc root.  So it seems that Tomcat does
not know how to send them on to Apache.  Now, this has me perplexed
because I have setup Apache/Tomcat integration via mod_webapp before and
not had any issues, although I was not using virtual hosts before.  Any
ideas what I am doing wrong.  The configs are below and I can send any
additional helpful info you might need (logs, etc.).  Also, please feel
free to take a look at my test site

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/
<VirtualHost *>
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/htdocs/javawww

        WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
        WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples
        WebAppDeploy tomcat-docs conn /tomcat-docs
        WebAppInfo /webapp-info

        ErrorLog logs/java_error_log
        CustomLog logs/java_access_log combined

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

     enableLookups="false" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="1"/>

    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" defaultHost="" debug="1">

      <Host name="" debug="1"
            appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">

                prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"

        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="1"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

                  suffix=".txt" timestamps="true"/>

Thanks for any help or ideas!
Gregory Whalin