tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikael Hansen <mhan...@cs.auc.dk>
Subject Apache/Tomcat integration with automatic context generation
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:28:15 GMT
Hi

I have succefully integrated Apache 1.3.20 and Tomcat 4.0.3 with mod_jk. I
do however have a special problem that I hope anyone can suggest a
solution to:

I can automatically generate a context
www.my.tomcat.server:tomcatport/~username

for every user that has the catalog:
/user/username/.public_dw3/tomcat

which contains a web application.

I do this with the following entry in server.xml:
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
          directoryName=".public_dw3/tomcat"
          homeBase="/user/"
          userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.HomesUserDatabase"/>

I can also get tomcat to evaluate requested jsp files through apache with
the following entry in the Apache configuration:

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

The mod_jk setup is as follows:

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /q/fyr_0/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /q/fyr_0/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info

The problems is that I would like to do the same for servlets as I do with
jsp files withpout having to create a JkMount entry for each user on the
system.

In more details a request to:

http://www.my.apache.server/~username/tomcat

should be the same as requesting
www.my.tomcat.server:tomcatport/~username

I can redirect to the tomcat-server but it would be
nice to do it without the url changing.

Anyone has an idea?

Best regards
	Mikael Hansen

"We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated.
	Resistance is Futile."