tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raja Sekhar" <alekya_r...@eudoramail.com>
Subject Problem with Connectors - Urgent help required Please!!!
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:06:40 GMT
Hi,

I am very new to Apache & Tomcat. The configuration what I have is

Redhat Linux 7.1
Apache 1.3.23
Tomcat 4.0.3.

I have installed Apache & Tomcat successfully and they are running fine. Now the problem
is how to route the request from Apache to Tomcat. Please suggest me the best connector to
use. This should support SSL for me. I have configured Apache with mod-ssl for SSL. I have
a servlet on Tomcat which should be able to get these SSL Environment variables. So in such
scenarios, what connector can I use & please give a URL or procedure how to install this
connector.

p.s : I read through the tomcat documentation or archives where I found your comments on connectors.
I am confused which one to use & as such I dont find any mod_jk packages or native directories
in my 4.0.3 binary installation. But all the documents which I get on the internet site talk
about how to configure mod_jk with Tomcat. Please help me out because this is a urgent task
for me.

Thanks & Regards,

..Raj