tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: mod_webapp and *.shtml not working
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:29:37 GMT

OK let me try and get this right:
When you add this statement "WebAppDeploy biocapital-java warpConnection
/something", does Apache parse the .shtml files and Tomcat doesn't execute
the jsp's?
And when you do this: "WebAppDeploy biocapital-java warpConnection /", does
Apache say it cannot find the index.shtml file, but tomcat serves the jsps
correctly?

Did you try adding a Context element for biocapital-java? I'm assuming you
have biocapital-java under webapps. And the jsps are under biocapital-java.
<Host name="site-name" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
<Context path="" docBase="biocapital-java" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

Where are the .shtml files located? What's the URL that you use?

If I were you, I would break up the process and first get Apache to parse
.shtml files and get Tomcat to serve the jsps right. And then add the
virtual host block to connect Apache/Tomcat.

RS

Catalin Mihailescu <catalin@tmdesign.ca> on 04/11/2002 12:28:10 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>