tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: Problem with Tomcat 4.0.*/mod_webapp.so/Apache-1.24 and virtual hosts
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 21:37:06 GMT

Well your setup looks fine to me (except that the Apache DocumentRoot
doesn't point to the examples directory - but that's ok). Also your jsps
and servlets are working fine when accessed directly. numguess.jsp and
HelloWorldExample work fine when accessed directly. Do you have an
index.html file the jsp directory? Try putting an index.jsp in there and
see if that works. Rename the index.html to maybe index1.html. I just
happened to browse to you website and it seems that it's only the html
files that aren't being served. Try making the DocumentRoot in the virtual
host point to the examples folder.
Also mod_webapp isn't very stable. Sometimes you need to refresh the page a
couple of times (the data doesn't show up). Maybe you should download the
latest mod_webapp version.

RS

Gregory Whalin <gwhalin@whalin.com> on 04/08/2002 04:11:56 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>