tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Molnar" <josephmol...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection Apache - Tomcat
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:48:39 GMT

Your connector (server.xml) is actually set to serve from the "webapps"
directory (which is presumably found at "/usr/local/tomcat/")  There is your
problem.  You have to change the connector appBase.

Joseph Molnar
http://www.codesta.com/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jünger @ projektINTER.NET" <juenger@projektinter.net>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:23 AM
Subject: Connection Apache - Tomcat

Hi,

the root of my webapplication is:
/home/my-user/public_html/docroot/my-app/

I tried to configure Apache and Tomcat to serv the web form this path
without success.
Apache is recognizing that webapplication when I access files within the
docroot folder but not within the wwa-m/ folder (as supposed!)
Tomcat is working fine with the servic running the 8080 port.
But I am getting an 404 Error wenn I directly access the wwa-m folder.

server.xml:

<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className=
        "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
            port="8008" minProcessors="5"
                maxProcessors="75" enableLookups="true"
                    acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache
        "ServerName" is set to -->
   <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
           name="apache.nandgate.com" debug="0"
               appBase="webapps"> <!-- ich denke hier muß es passieren -->

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at
          lower levels -->
      <Logger className=
          "org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance
          will be shared globally -->
      <Realm className=
         "org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />

    </Engine>

  </Service>

httpd.conf:
DocumentRoot /home/wwa-m/public_html/docroot/wwa-m/

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8080
WebAppDeploy wwa-m warpConnection /wwa-m/
WebAppInfo /webapp-info

in the Apache logfile I am getting an error:
Cannot find "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/wwa-m" for appl. "wwa-m" host
www.wasserwirtschaftsamt-muenchen.de
Where does Apache get this old path from ?????????????

Any ideas ??

thanx Rainer