tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hungry Herman" <hungryher...@hotmail.com>
Subject SSL connector constructs incorrect path to SSLServerSocketFactory?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:29:06 GMT
Hello,

I am having a problem getting SSL to work with Tomcat 4.0.  I have set up
the JSSE_HOME variable so that it points to my "C:\jsse1.0.2" directory,
which contains "C:\jsse1.0.2\lib\jnet.jar".  I receive the following
exception

Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CLASSPATH:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar;C:\jsse1.0
.2\lib\jcert.jar;C:\jsse1.0.2\lib\jnet.jar;C:\jsse1.0.2\jsse.jar
Using JAVA_HOME:     C:\jdk1.3.1
Press any key to continue . . . Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/net/ssl/SSLServerSocketFactory
        at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.ja

I can see the proper jarfile, "jnet.jar" in the CLASSPATH.  When I examine
the jnet.jar file I see -

C:\jsse1.0.2\lib>jar -tf jnet.jar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
javax/net/DefaultServerSocketFactory.class
javax/net/DefaultSocketFactory.class
javax/net/ServerSocketFactory.class
javax/net/SocketFactory.class

So, the SSLServerSocketFactory class is not in the "javax.net.ssl" package.
It is in the  "javax.net" package.  It appears that the connector has
constructed the incorrect path to the class and is trying to load it with
Class.forName.

There are several similar errors posted on Google, but no workarounds.

Suggestions?

- HH