tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Gibbs-Smith" <...@stewartry.prestel.co.uk>
Subject RE: please help me
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:45:56 GMT
First thing to do is look at the log.  tomcat 4 is much better at logging
than version 3.  If you did not chnge the logging entry in the server.xml
the examples log file will show details about what is happening when your
webapp (context as Tomcat4 calls it) is loaded.

If you simply see an entry about what is expected in a web.xml the most
likely thing is that you have "servlet-mapping" entries mixed in among your
servlet entries.  Now all the servlet mapping must appear after all the
servlet entries.  The parameter icon has changed to become small or large -
again look at the log for details.

Another thing we noticed in Windows (if that is your platform) was that in
Tomcat 3 the WEB-INF directory name could be lower case, Tomcat 4 insists
that it must be upper case.

hope this helps,

Jon G-S