tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Mahoney" <paul.maho...@travel2.com>
Subject How do you set up a jsp action/filter for all documents in a directory
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:46:31 GMT
Dear Team

I've set up a test-bed Apache/Tomcat installation on my W2K box that is
working fine. I just cannot figure out how to configure the following:

I have a directory of files that can be served by Apache. Let say they are
in directory
"C:\myfiles". I can set up an Apache alias

  Alias /myfiles/ "C:/myfiles/"

and thus get to them through the Apache server.

However, the HTML files in this directory need some translation before they
get served. So when Apache is asked to serve, say, "/myfiles/afile.html" I
need a "jsp" to be run, that is given the original file path to read so it
can provide the translated response.

I remember doing this with cgi once using the ScriptAliasMatch directive.

I've got as far as adding

    JkMount /myfiles ajp13
    JkMount /myfiles/* ajp13

but have not got any further...

Does anyone know how to do this with Apache/Tomcat?

Many thanks

Paul