tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Lee" <dwl...@ameritech.net>
Subject Apache 2.0.35 + mod_jk-3.3-ap20.so
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:43:36 GMT
Hi I got all excited when I got the announcement that Apache 2.0.35 was no
longer a beta and was an official release so I downloaded the archive
"httpd-2.0.35.tar.gz" and installed it.  I have only one hangup as of right
now and that's the inability to make use of the mod_jk connector.  I am
currently getting the error from apache
"httpd: module "mod_jk.c" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version."

I am using the exact same configuration as with my old 1.3.24 apache. With
the exception of using the mod_jk-3.3-ap20.so module. It sounds as if I
would have to somehow know how to change the source code of this module to
account for the differences between whatever version of Apache 2.0 this was
compiled for and re-compile but frankly I haven't a clue where to start.  I
ran a search on google and was unable to find anybody successfully using
mod_jk with Apache 2.0.  As a matter of fact, I couldn't find any reference
to this ap20 module anywhere except the Jakarta site.
I cam currently using tomcat from the archive,
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-LE-jdk14.tar.gz if this helps, currently tomcat is
running fine.  Does anybody have a copy of a mod_jk.so that will work for
Apache 2.0.35?
Thanks
Don Lee