tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alvin Wang" <xw...@qtechservices.com>
Subject RE: Redirecting to a home page after form-based authentication
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:54:03 GMT
Timothy, can you use a filter to do this? In your homepage, you set a tag in
session. If the filter finds this tag, that means the homepage has been
visited, otherwise the user will be redirected to the homepage

Alvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Fisher [mailto:trfishermi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:45 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Redirecting to a home page after form-based authentication

Can someone tell me how to accomplish the following:

I am using form-based authentication.

Lets assume the following files exist:
 - login.html
 - home.html
 - page1.html

Both home.html and page1.html are protected so the
user is redirected to the login page if trying to
access those.

Now after a successful form-based login, I want the
user to ALWAYS be routed to the home.html page, not
necessarily the page he was implicitly trying to
access.

For example if he trys to access page1.html, he will
be redirected to login.html.  Upon successful
authentication, I want him to be redirected to
home.html.

I know this can be done.  Just dont remember how.

Sincerely,
Timothy Fisher