tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Soefara Redzuan" <soefararedz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat/Apache trying to hide /webapp/ from URL
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 07:08:00 GMT
Sorry, I know Tomcat/Apache has been discussed endlessly but this problem is
driving me around the bend.

We have Tomcat(3.2.3) running fine. We have several webapps running on it
with no problem, including our main corporate website which is accessed
directly via Tomcat at http://www.domain.com:8080/corporatesite
(ie. the webapp is <tomcat_home>/webapps/corporatesite)

We have Apache configured to be in front of Tomcat with mod_jk which simply
means that we need to insert this line into Apache's httpd.conf and it works
fine.

Include /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

However, there are 2 problems with this

1. The URL to reach the site is http://www.domain.com/corporatesite but we'd
really like it to be http://www.domain.com

2. I think that Tomcat still has to serve up all of the images and static
content which are part of the webapp. (ie. they're stored in subdirectories
of <tomcat_home>/webapps/corporatesite)

I thought that I could solve both of these problems using this ProxyPass but
that didn't work as expected. There must be an easy way to solve this.

I was also surprised that setting Apache's httpd.cont to include
DocumentRoot /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/corporatesite
did not help at all.

Any and all help is truly welcome.  Thank you so much, Soefara.