tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Smith" <>
Subject jsp configuration
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:37:25 GMT
My adminstrator recently install jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 for AIX and I am
trying to create my own jsp.  When I run the example jsp's and servlets in
%:8080/examples/jsp/index.html they work fine.

When I run the HelloWorld exapmle jsp and servlet in
%8080/tomcat-docs/appdev/sample/web/index.html I get and error that says:

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

  at org.apache.jsp.hello$jsp._jspService(hello$
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(

....and more of the same

I read over the documentation and I am pretty sure everything is where it is
supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message